Question & Answer

Askbens@yahoo.com to Submit Questions

Friday, April 21, 2006

Whistling, Exes Birthdays and Heights,

I have an askbens for you.... What do you think of whistlers (people who whistle)? I am sitting at my computer trying to bang out a ten page paper and I can hear one of my neighbors whistling and it is driving me crazy! I think maybe only cute little old janitors should be allowed to whistle!

There are 11 places you should whistle and 6 where all whistling activities should be illegal. I hope this list does not bother you, but #9 is in your own apartment.

The places where whistling should be embraced and celebrated:

  1. While walking in the park
  2. During a sporting event, while playing or while watching
  3. While cleaning (per your janitor comment)
  4. If you’ve had over 7 beers, and its still daylight, and a cute girl/guy walks by.
  5. In the car, while alone, if that’s your thing
  6. While walking on the street with out an Ipod and a homeless person / comedian / someone trying to sell you something walks up to you.
  7. When you boss is talking to you and telling you something that he has already told you at least 4 times
  8. When a girlfriend is talking to you and telling you something that he/she has already told you at least 4 times
  9. In your own apartment (as long as the first * below does not apply)
  10. On the toilet, sitting only
  11. When 2 or more people are having a loud verbal argument within 4 feet of you and you can’t get away (like on a subway car), whistle away.

Places where and times when it should be illegal to whistle:

  1. During sexual activity
  2. During a TV show
  3. During a meal, any meal
  4. Before 5 pm the day after a hard night of drinking
  5. The library, computer lab, or at work (except for #7 above)
  6. When standing at a urinal…so annoying

2 more things:

  • Whistling courtesy rules state that if someone asks you to stop whistling, you must stop, no questions asked. It’s a privilege
  • If you can’t whistle, and you tell someone you can’t whistle, and they ignore it or act like they don’t care, don’t say it again. They heard you, but they are ignoring you or just don’t care. (it also means you are a bad kisser, so just don’t tell anyone OK!?!?)

Have you ever been hurt?

No, I feel pain sometimes, but for some reason I don’t’ think it’s the same way as everyone else. As most of you know, a SUV ran over my leg sophomore year and I kinda just jogged it off, and didn’t miss a practice. I don’t think I’ve ever cried from physical pain, or anything like that. (though these girls tried to pull all my hair out last week, that kinda hurt)

Do you think a guy should have say in whether or not the girl has an abortion? if you got a girl pregnant would you want her to tell you she got an abortion or not tell u she did?

A guy should not have a say, but don’t ask me about responsibilities if she does go through w/it. I’m not even sure I’d want to know. I mean, if it were possible, I bet the girl wouldn’t want to know either. I think I’d want to know, but would hate hearing it.

Why in M&M packs do they always give the most green?

They don’t. This month there’s a special green promotion going around, but normally, there are mostly browns. Check This Out for more information.

I love asking you random shit. What are your views on women changing their names after getting married?

I don't have one. I have a preference, but not my decision. I know I’m not changing mine. It’s kinda like abortion above: I have an opinion, but its not my decision.

Are you afraid of heights?

No, I'm afraid of falling from heights. Some might say it’s a trivial distinction between the two, so let me explain. I’m not scared of chair lifts or airplanes, but I am afraid of looking over the ledge of a 10 story building w/o holding onto something, or jumping off of a 30 foot ledge into water.

I have a question for ask ben. I broke up w/ my boyfriend, and it was not mutual. I have been ignoring emails and away messages directed at me, etc..... his b-day is on Saturday - should I say happy b-day? I don't want to look like a bitch, but I also don't want to open communication b/c I don't want to talk to him. Is it unfair of me to contact him and then ignore him? What would Ben do?

Personally, I’d probably send a voicemail through the Verizon voice mail system. Thus, you don’t to talk to the person and you are not inviting the call back. I got an email from an ex who I liked on my bday, and it was nice, but it had been 9 months already. This doesn’t sound like its been long enough.

I wrote about how to stay broken up HERE, and I addressed the need for a “clean break” but I did not address the birthday issue.

If you do not want to be friends with him in the next 6+ months, here’s the deal:

  • What’s the point? You don’t want to talk to him
  • You’ll get him excited and thinking about you
  • It will cause more problems for you
  • It will cause his friends to hate you
  • It will cause you some confusion when he starts emailing / calling etc.

Don’t worry about his friends thinking you’re a bitch, they already do! Sorry you guys broke up, but you should find a nice Jewish boy when you move to the city.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There was a person I went out with that would whistle when they were in a rush and someone in front of them was walking slow... I thought that was so obnoxious!

Why do you say that people are bad kissers if they can't whistle? Some of the best tongue action I ever had was from non-whistlers!!! I don't think there's any correlation.

Much rather make out with them than the Rush Hour Whistler.

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home