Question & Answer

Askbens@yahoo.com to Submit Questions

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Legs, Irresistibe, Invention, Why?

It's a known fact that most women shave their legs, armpits, and usually, their bikini line. But some girls shave their arms, too. What do you think about this?

I never really noticed the shaved arms thing. Maybe you've been hanging out in Cali a little too long. Some girls I know do have really thick arm hair but I imagine that if they shaved it, it would grow back even thicker and would be some pretty rough stubble. I think, for aesthetic purposes, girls should consider dying their arm hair a lighter brown if its dark and thick, otherwise just leave it. The only people who really care are girls you don't know and gay men.

Would you rather be rich, irresistible to women, or famous? Difficulty: being one does not necessarily mean being any of the other. Plenty of rich people are disgusting to women and are not famous (i.e., hick lottery winners); being irresistible to women does not make you rich nor famous (like that guy you know who always has chicks but he's a total loser?); and of course, famous people may be neither rich nor hot to girls (like Tonya Harding.) So...which is it?

I have no desire to be famous, maybe Bruce Wayne famous or Warren Buffet famous but not celebrity famous. That narrows it down to two. I'll then consider being rich. Now, as you can see from this article, hick lottery winners don't usually stay rich b/c they are a bunch of idiots. Currently, I have less than a dime to my name, yet I'd say that I'm pretty much a rich person already. I've got a pretty good head on my shoulders and if I decided to put some work in, I could be quite rich. Thus, I guess my desire to be rich isn't that strong. Or maybe, since I've already "won the lottery" but have not cashed in my ticket, I just don't care to be rich right now. Therefore, I obviously would rather be irresistible to women. Not sure how this would differ from normal life, probably has something to do with if she's from LI, jewish, and looking for a sugar daddy or not. Those girls love me. The only downside to being irresistible to women is that your hot ass girlfriend would always be suspicious and jealous b/c I'm so damn irresistible. The obvious upside to being good looking is A) the girls B) the slack at work C) the higher pay and the newly discovered D) Less prone to commit a crime. Too bad I can't have all three like Brad Pitt. He's just the man.

3) What is the greatest invention of our generation? Car and light bulb don't count; iPods don't count, either (because they are too new to be "our generation").

I think inventions need to be put into categories as you can't compare apples and oranges:

Media: The 1/2 sports / guys movie 1/2 chick flick. This idea was invented with Top Gun and perfected with Jerry McGuire. Its a story about sports or a war or something exciting that they throw a really good romance into. For some reason undefined in this world, girls are confident they are watching a chick flick while guys are damn sure they are watching an action / sports movie. The perfect formula mixes a some great action sequences with some bad romance scenes that happen to have a really hot lead actress. Some miserable failures have way too much action and a worthless romance, thus a guy would have to watch alone. Examples of failures include "True Lies" which lacked enough of a love story and a hot chick. Anyway, besides comedies, these are the only movies that you can sit with a girl and both truly enjoy, thus, a wonderful invention.

Food: Flame Broiled Double Whopper Value Meal. (Close second to the mozzarella stick bbq buffalo wing, spicy buffalo chicken tender combo)

Fashion: This may only apply to guys but I think the reversible belt invention is amazing. One day, its brown, the next its black. Same belt. People have been wearing belts since the 1,400's and they just came up with this one recently.

Travel: Tie - EZpass / Airport Self Check In. When traveling, its all about convenience. I do love those new signs at the airport baggage claim that say something like "Your bag is created to protect the contents, thus we are not responsible for destroying the bag." While that one is pure genius, it might be too recent, so in a few years, it may overtake the current winners.

Hygene: Anti Bacterial Soap - This stuff says it kills 99% of the bacteria on your hands. Does that mean that it can't kill the other 1%? That other 1% is probably the really bad stuff and it probably spreads all over your hands after you use the anti bacterial soap, feeding on the remains of the dead bacteria. Somehow, we survived evolution without washing our hands every 15-20 minutes and yet these guys are doing like $1,000,000,000 in sales annually. Genius.

Sports: The Skeleton: The skeleton is an event at the winter olympics where the "athlete" goes HEAD FIRST on a sled the size of a cafeteria tray down the Luge / Bobsled track. Now, I know the luge guys talk shit to the bobsled guys like "its nice and safe in that big metal box, isn't it? If you get too scared going down you can just duck your head and close your eyes." And I'm sure the bobsledders fire right back with something like "If you guys got any closer on that doubles luge, you wouldn't be able to get married in 48 of the 50 states" The skeleton guys must just sit there watching their subordinates fight over who's second because its obvious who's got the balls in the ice sledding arena. They go 80 miles an hour, head first with no protection but a helmet. The only thing that would compare in terms of balls and craziness would be backwards ski jumping or something like that.

None of these inventions compare to how much I like evaporation though. How sucky our world would be if it were wet all the time and if nothing dried. I guess thats not an invention, well, at least not one in our generation.

Did you always enjoy writing/journaling, or is this a recent interest sparked by the modern availability of a mass-medium and the ease at which the "everyday joe" can have his own little soapbox from which to yell (a.k.a., 'blogging)?

I never used to enjoy writing. In HS I was pretty much in remedial English, and I got a C my senior year. My senior year teacher kept professing how the hardest class at Rutgers was freshman Expository writing, however, I got an A and went back to HS and rubbed it in her face. (ok, not really, but I did fantasize about it). I'm not sure if it helped that my college graduate professor for Expos was friends w/my sister. yea, it probably did. Anyway, the next 3 years I kept getting A's in my Finance classes and B+'s in my History classes, most likely because of the quality of my writing skills and not the crazy theories I was writing my papers about (My favorite was arguing that without Mexico, we never would have had an industrial revolution in the US). Good times. ANYWAY, I really didn't enjoy writing, I didn't enjoy other people reading what I wrote and I certainly didn't enjoy other people commenting on my writing. Obviously, it started 2.5 years ago, prompted by Jana, but I have no idea why I no like writing...esp when I don't really write about anything. Maybe I didn't want to be anonymous anymore...like you were for almost 2 years.

Thanks for that "a.k.a., 'blogging'" I had no idea what you mean. I hate you AP english people and your perfect grammar FYI !!!

As always, to submit a question - askbens@yahoo.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home