Question & Answer

Askbens@yahoo.com to Submit Questions

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Dec 11, 2005

Ok, so here it is. The first installment of Ask Ben. If it totally sucks let me know...but at least it kept me interested all week!

Question Asker asks - My family does a gift exchange every year for Christmas but its not one of those one where you pick a specific person. You more or less buy a generic gift and then pick a random one and they get switched around from person to person as you go along. What can I buy for $40 that anyone...male or female between the ages of 18 and 55 might like?

I hate to give away my gift secrets, but I’ve started giving gift certificates to restaurants as gifts for engagements, birthdays and whatnot. If I go to a good restaurant or if I know the person’s favorite restaurant, then I'll buy a gift card. Most places do this. If its your family, maybe pick a place in your home town. Or, pick some place around you if you want your family to visit more. Of course, Boggle is fun for all ages, or golf lessons.

Anon asks – Who is the worst primetime TV character ever written?

I would start with the obvious, Lisa Kudrow on her new HBO show, The Comeback. The problem with this choice is that it seems like she’s adlibbing in the show, and thus, her character might not be written at all. This brings us to the other obvious choice; Tori Spelling / Donna Martin from 90210. As much as we all detest her, have been calling her the black hole for 20 years now, and she will never get a good gig like that again, we must concede that it might not have been the writing and might have been her horrible acting. This leaves us with Mischa Barton / Marissa Cooper, in the OC. She’s totally irrational, totally annoying and not even that good looking. While the OC has possibly 2 of the top 10 characters ever written (Seth and Sandy Cohen), it also has some horrible actors with some major character flaws. Mischa Barton tops that list.

JT asks - Why is this night different than all other nights?

December 8th will long live in infamy. This year, it was the 25th anniversary of John Lennon’s assignation. More importantly, in 1987, the US and Russia agreed to reduce their nuclear arsenals and in 1993, we signed NAFTA into law. Most importantly, Jana wrote this on Dec 8, 2003

Jessy asks - Why are girls so spiteful and unreasonable with little things that they stay upset forever and keep bringing up those little things while a guy will stay upset for a day or 2, and then says to himself "it was trivial, who cares anymore."?

I wish I knew. When I saw As Good as it Gets, I thought the line talking about how women think/act “I think of a man and take away reason and accountability” was accurate. Lately, I don’t even think that covers it anymore. I usually stay upset for 24 hours or less, unless its something huge, but I say the wrong thing while drunk or whatever, 8 years later it will still be brought up. So yea, I hear ya.

Anon asked - Would you call yourself a romantic?

No, it makes me somewhat uncomfortable. I don’t understand how Josh does it so well…to me, it’s like the one thing that embarrasses me.

Pink asks - “Why am I so cool?”

I’ll answer w/part of her own email conversation she had w/me (4 different emails though I did not respond to any)“

omg is tonite the vs fashion show or no?
ok no just kidding its the 10th
ok no wait its not ahh every1 is telling me diff things im confuised!!!
ok its tonite yay”

Yea, these are my readers...

If I did not select your question, do not despair. Try harder and maybe time I’ll choose it. askbens@yahoo.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home